(The Managing Director & Co-Founder of DUPLAYS and Co-Founder of Playpass)
DUPLAYS Grew from 20 Friends Playing Unltimate Frisbee to over 40000 Members Playing 20+ Sports
How to Organize Successful Leagues, Activities and Sport Events
With English and Arabic Subtitle
Ravi Bhusari is the Co-Founder of Playpass and Managing Director & Co-Founder of DUPLAYS
Co-founded the UAE’s largest adult sport & social club in Dubai in 2007.
Our goal is to facilitate “play” in your city by organizing great sport activities through our newly launched platform Playpass.com. Our platform allows sports enthusiasts to search for organized sport, sign up, and play. DUPLAYS has over 60,000 members and each week over 5,000 people play in one of our organized leagues, tournaments or events.
DUPLAYS has doubled in revenues and membership each year since our founding and now operate in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Amman, Gurgaon, Delhi, Riyadh and Jeddah. We have closed two rounds of funding from leading Angel and Institutional investors.
Our goal is to bring affordable, accessible, well-organized community sport through an awesome website and great operational support.
Websites & Social Media Links
- Why mechanical engineering then MBA?
- How did you move to Dubai and where did you live before it?
- How the idea of Duplays started?
- What are the types of services that you provide in Duplays?
- Is it seasonal leagues or how it works?
- Do you rent the facilities or it’s your own?
- Do you help people rent sports facilities for their events or you don’t get involved in that?
- What are the major challenges that you faced while implementing the idea?
- Which channels do you use to market for your sport services?
- Online or offline works better?
- Which social media platform works best in terms of marketing with sport people?
- How do you market for corporate and pitch them for your services?
- How you monetize your business model?
- What’s the model that you use to expand your company? Franchise, partnership or your own team runs the show for all the cities?
- What are the major differences of the sport industry and people engagements across the cities that you are operating in?
- With how many employees you started the company and how many you have now?
- What are the most successful 5 sports?
- What are the demographics of your subscribers?
- Why you didn’t take Squash to the next level?
- How did you raise capital for the company? How many rounds?
- How much capital you rose so far and are looking to raise more capital?
- If a company wants to organize a tournament or specific event how you can help, do you have special packages or its tailor made based on the event?
- What’s the Playpass service? How it works and how much it costs?
- Is the monetizing model by taking share of the paid events?
- To which markets you are expanding and why?
- What do you advice the new entrepreneurs who wants to start their own sports events company?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- When you make money in what you like to invest? Do you think capital gain or cash flow?
- Take us through your typical working day?
- What are your other hobbies?
- If you are just starting today in your field, from where you will start and what are you going to focus on to be more successful?
- 3 things that you believe are the most important factors for any success?
- What are the Top 3 apps that you use on your smart phone?
- What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- What are the things that make you happy?
- How people can contact you?